In 1999, Way Station acquired an Outpatient Mental Health Clinic and Psychiatric Rehabilitation Day Program that were previously operated by Howard County, Maryland. Subsequently, Way Station has expanded its continuum of care offered in Howard County by developing additional program components, including a Residential Rehabilitation Program, a Supported Housing program and a Community Employment Program. In 2005, Way Station served more than 3,500 Howard County citizens, 1053 of which were children and adolescents.
The full array of programs that Way Station offers in Howard County includes the following:
- Child and Adolescent Programs
- Community Employment Programs
- Day Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program
- Outpatient Mental Health Clinic
- Residential Rehabilitation Program
- Supported Housing Program